At Colonial Williamsburg, commitment to cleanliness and comfort has been a long standing, core operational principle protecting and serving our guests and staff since 1937.
Top Things You Should Know
As of May 28, 2021
- Face Coverings: Fully-vaccinated guests are not required to wear masks indoors or outdoors. One exception is that all guests, vaccinated or non, will be required to wear masks on all Colonial Williamsburg shuttle buses, in accordance with public transportation policies. Guests who are not fully vaccinated should wear masks indoors and are encouraged to do so outdoors. Vaccinated Colonial Williamsburg employees are not required to wear masks indoors or outdoors but may choose to do so as their job requirements allow it.
- Social Distancing: Colonial Williamsburg employees will continue to social distance, keeping 6' between themselves and guests as well as other employees.
- Cleanliness: Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout Colonial Williamsburg. We are committed to the comfort of our guests, and have made frequent cleaning of public spaces part of our routine.
- Guest Parking and Transportation: Guests are encouraged to park at the Visitor Center and taking the complimentary shuttle to the Historic Area. There is also free parking at the Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg. Shuttle buses are available to provide transport to key spots in the Historic Area. Face coverings will be required to ride the shuttle bus for all vaccinated and non-vaccinated guests.
- Touchless Ticketing: Colonial Williamsburg is pleased to offer touchless tickets. Additionally, the map and program guide are available digitally on our website. Guests are encouraged to purchase tickets online, or onsite at the following ticketing locations:
- Visitor Center (open 8:45 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Free Parking available)
- Art Museums of Colonial Williamsburg (open 9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m., 301 S. Nassau St., Free Parking available)
- Lumber House (open 8:45 a.m. – 8: 30 p.m. in the Historic Area)