Due to uncertainties associated with the coronavirus pandemic, 2021 research fellowship opportunities are not currently available. We sincerely hope we will be able to offer these opportunities later in the year.
The Colonial Williamsburg Foundation is pleased to invite applications for a range of short-term residential fellowships. Fellowships are an important component of the work of the Education, Research and Historical Interpretation Division. Fellowships primarily support research on topics related to British America, the American Revolution, and the Early Republic.
To apply please submit your proposal in a single document, submitted electronically as a PDF or Word file via email to email@example.com
The document should include:
- The fellowship to which you are applying
- A succinct project abstract (maximum 250 words)
- A project description (not to exceed 1,000 words)
- A Resume (C.V.) (not to exceed 2 pages).
- The names and contact information for two professional references who could provide a letter of recommendation at the request of the committee.
Please indicate in your proposal whether you are a U.S. Citizen, or if you are eligible to visit the U.S. for the required amount of time. Fellows are expected to be in continuous residence at Colonial Williamsburg and to actively participate in the intellectual life of the Foundation's research, educational, and interpretive campus. This will include a presentation of the Fellow’s research to staff and the public.